Thursday, March 20, 2014

Climbing The Walls? Paint them!

Okay, so this was an art activity that was not for the faint of heart.  I only do it once in a great while, and the key to doing it successfully is to BE PREPARED.  Have wipes at hand, put a towel down on the floor, and add a GOOD AMOUNT of dish soap to your paint.  I'm talking, of course, about painting on the wall.

We have a small apartment.  The idea of putting an easel, even a small foldaway, in our already overburdened space is just too much for me...so I tape a giant poster-board sized piece of paper (in this case, actual poster board) onto the wall.  I stand my girl up with a paint brush, and let her go to.

Rose likes to paint on the wall.

Here's where the crazy comes in:  she will paint the wall.  That's what the soap and the wipes are for.  The soap makes the paint very water-soluble, and the wipes are so you can wipe away the mark before it dries.  

She will paint herself.  That's also what the wipes are for, so that when she's done painting herself, you can wipe her off before she runs around sitting on the furniture with her blue arms and legs.

Rose likes to paint her arms and legs, too.

Notice that Rose started out in an orange outfit.  I forgot to plan ahead and either put a giant tshirt on her, or remove her clothes altogether!  Oh well, better late than never!

There it is, suck at home moms...my one difficult activity of the year!  Enjoy! Or not, I won't judge!

No comments:

Post a Comment