Thursday, January 30, 2014

The Climber

Currently my life consists of trying to keep Rose from breaking a limb or wrecking the joint.  She is 13 months old and has learned to climb, well, everything.  She's driving me crazy.  I used to teach toddlers, and loved it, so how is it that this one child is enough to defeat me??  I have had to come up with solutions such as this:


Yes, that's a fireplace grate blocking off my hutch and the little table she eats at.  I tried simply moving the table, but since she still climbed up on it I was afraid she would fall and hurt herself.  Then there's this:


And this:


And this happened:


All of which is leading to this:


I've tried interesting her in coloring, dancing, painting, and puzzles.  We read books, and played with the dollhouse.  If it weren't 19 degrees outside we would go there.  In fact, we might anyways...




No comments:

Post a Comment